I saw this today on craigslist and couldn’t resist sharing:
Head Lice Removal Technician (Boston area)
(Do not reply to this posting. Read through and follow instructions at “TO APPLY” below.)
LiceDOCTORS is looking to expand our staff of head lice professionals in your area. We use only natural ingredients. Our 100% effective and GUARANTEED process was developed by a doctor. We have been in business for 15 years and successfully treated over 20,000 families. You would be proud to represent LiceDoctors. (www.licedoctors.com)
We have extensive training in our treatment protocol so you would be confident and ready for your first appointment.
Although this is an on-call, flexible, part-time position, we need you to be very available when our clients call. We pay $30 per hour plus travel expenses.
Respond only if you can pass a criminal background check and answer YES to the following:
• Do you have access to your own reliable transportation?
• Have you seen and dealt with lice before even if informal (such as with your children)?
• Do you keep your cell phone with you at all times so you can immediately respond to text messages?
• Is your schedule flexible enough to offer good blocks of time? (Keep in mind our customers may want us anytime 7 days a week including occasional evenings)
• We go to people’s homes and the process takes about 2 to 4 hours (sometimes longer). Are you amenable to that?
• Our lice technicians are independent contractors who need to buy some supplies like scrubs (hospital-like comfortable outfit), magnifier. The most important supplies to buy and keep on hand are the professional grade lice combs which you will resell to the client at a profit. Does that work for you?
Preferred additional qualifications (not necessary)
You have worked before or work now. . .
• in healthcare (a nurse, school nurse, CNA, phlebotomist, etc.)
• in an on-call capacity
• in a profession where you go to people’s homes
• with children
• as a hairdresser
So many questions come to mind…Is there worker’s comp, medical plan, who are the people that need this service…